Tuesday, January 7, 2020

[RP] The Apology


12/27/2019
“Mother. I...” Anais says to her mom sitting in her quarters a week after the mission with the sloughts.
12/27/2019
Maria looks at her daughter and patiently waits for her to continue.
12/27/2019
She breathes in and then out. “We need to talk. About... us being out here and then me and you, I guess.”
12/27/2019
The older woman nods and says "We should, yes."
12/27/2019
She sits down near her. “I did not think we would ever leave Wylde. The Imperium seemed to prefer to leave the noble families to keep them ruling and readying the next tithe. I was shocked when father sent for us. I had to leave the sisters. However, I was more reeling from the sudden change than having to leave. I do not share your fascination for these stars but I do feel I can serve a greater purpose out here.”
12/27/2019
Maria nods and says "It's an incredible change. And harder for you than the rest of us, I think."
12/27/2019
“I don’t know if it is harder. I’m not questioning your judgment I just... have such mixed feelings about it.”
12/27/2019
She nods sympathetically. "That's what I meant. Internal conflict is very hard on a person."
12/27/2019
He looks at her and drops her posture and her guard. “You were right in that I do need to be able to trust others and rely on them. I don’t think I’ll ever shake my doubt in others, however.” She looks away.
12/27/2019
Maria reaches out to put a hand on her shoulder. "Thank you. Trusting other people can be difficult and dangerous, but it's necessary and can be uplifting."
12/27/2019
“I don’t think people trust in me, though.” She allows the hand to stay.
12/27/2019
"I trust you. Your sibling trust you. I know your father trusts you. And I believe our future allies will trust you too." She looks at her daughter solemnly.
12/27/2019
“I don’t know if you do.” She stays silent and looks down. “Why did you look at me like that the day of the attack on the carriage convoy?”

Maria wraps Anais in a hug and says "I'm sorry. If I'd known you still carried that day with you so strongly, I'd have talked to you about much sooner. I was never afraid of you, I was afraid for you. An experience like that can he terribly damaging to someone as young as you were. I was afraid of how much it could hurt you. But I have NEVER not loved and trusted you with all my heart."
12/27/2019
Anais slowly brings her arms up and embraces her back while trembling. She sobs across her shoulder.
12/27/2019
She holds her tightly and gently runs her hand across her back in soothing repetitive motions.
12/27/2019
Anais stays in that moment for a while.
12/27/2019
Maria gives her as long as she needs.
12/27/2019
She lifts and smiles at her mother.
“I can’t promise this changed everything. But I will endeavour to treat you with more respect.”
12/27/2019
Maria returns the smile. "Thank you. I'll try to be more considerate of you as well."
12/27/2019
She goes to her own room but not before softly shutting the door.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dark Heresy 2E. the FFG 40k RPG system, and the future of this blog

I do not like this system anymore. I will probably be switching content to GURPS when I'm not just using DND content. I might convert ol...